Sunday 17 June 2012

Thomas Edmondson Tickets




For about 150 years, the sine qua non of railway and much shipping ticketing was this little pasteboard card called the Edmondson ticket. It was invented further along the Newcastle Carlisle line beside which I live. Now to showcase my own considerable collection, to advertise the related work of the Transport Ticket Society of which I am a member, to enable others to post their examples and discuss the subject and to provide links to tickets offered for sale I have opened this Facebook Community Page Thomas Edmondson Tickets. It features albums. Individuals wishing their own album space can approach me and this can be created. There is also a resource album leading you to books and other online resources about these tickets. If you can you are invited to Like the Facebook page. In the first 36 hours 25 people did so.

No comments: